Lemon and garlic are a unchanging everlasting tell pairing with asparagus, and this quick, delicious side dish shows why. The recipe is a Yummly indigenous native created by [Edwina Clark](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Edwina-Clark).
The ingredient of Garlicky-Lemon Asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic large
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 pounds asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
The instruction how to make Garlicky-Lemon Asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 400u00b0F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crush and finely mince the garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Using a zester or handheld rasp-style grater, grate 1 teaspoon of zest from the lemon. Reserve the lemon for later use.
- Trim the rough ends from the asparagus and arrange the spears on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and the minced garlic.
- Roast on middle rack of oven until garlic is fragrant and asparagus is crisp-tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Check to see that asparagus is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving plate, and sprinkle the grated lemon zest over the asparagus.
- Slice the reserved lemon in half. Squeeze the juice of half of the lemon over the asparagus. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Garlicky-Lemon Asparaguscalories: 70 calories
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams
fatContent: 3.5 grams
fiberContent: 5 grams
proteinContent: 3 grams
sodiumContent: 300 milligrams
sugarContent: 3 grams