Citrus Herb-roasted Turkey & Port Gravy taking into consideration Knorr Homestyle amassing - Chicken, Sprigs spacious Rosemary, Torn Into Pieces, Sweet Onion, Turkey, Water, All-purpose Flour, Orange, Port Wine, Olive Oil, sports ground Black Pepper, stuffy Or Whipping Cream, Celery, Carrots, Onion
The ingredient of Citrus Herb-roasted Turkey & Port Gravy
- 2 knorr homestyle stock - chicken tubs, divided
- 1/4 cup sprigs open rosemary, torn into pieces
- 2 sweet onion medium, quartered
- 11 pounds turkey
- 4 cups water divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ocher yellow halved
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon arena black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy or whipping cream
- 1 stalk celery coarsely chopped
- 1 carrots
- 1 onion small, halved
The instruction how to make Citrus Herb-roasted Turkey & Port Gravy
- Preheat oven to 400u00b0. Squeeze juice from 1/2 of the orange; set aside.
- Combine 1 tub Knorru00ae Homestyle Stock - Chicken, herbs, olive oil, orange juice and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture under and over turkey skin. Arrange remaining 1/2 orange and onion inside cavity of turkey. Arrange turkey in roasting pan on rack.
- To make gravy, combine reserved 2 cups liquid with flour in small bowl, then stir into pan over medium heat. Stir in port wine and remaining Stock, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until gravy is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Strain, if desired. Stir in cream and remaining black pepper. Serve gravy with chicken.
- Meanwhile, bring reserved giblets, turkey neck, 4 cups water, celery, carrot and onion to a boil in 2-quart saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer covered 1 hour. Remove and discard vegetables and strain off 3 cups liquid. Use 1 cup to baste turkey and reserve 2 cups to make gravy.
- Roast turkey 45 minutes. Decrease oven to 375u00b0 and roast 1 hour. Baste turkey and turn pan in oven. Continue roasting until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reaches 165u00b0, about 1 hour. Remove turkey from pan and keep warm.
Nutritions of Citrus Herb-roasted Turkey & Port Gravycalories: 740 calories
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams
cholesterolContent: 285 milligrams
fatContent: 37 grams
fiberContent: 2 grams
proteinContent: 84 grams
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams
sodiumContent: 290 milligrams
sugarContent: 3 grams