Super rich scalloped potatoes are the conclusive side to conclusive a special meal. The recipe is a Yummly indigenous native created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Extra Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1/2 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup collective milk
- 1/2 cup stuffy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt for sauce
- black pepper to taste, for sauce
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese 1 oz. is virtually 1/4 cup
- salt to taste, for potatoes
- black pepper to taste, for potatoes
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar or Gruyere cheese, 4 oz. is practically 1 cup
- chopped buoyant chives for prettify
The instruction how to make Extra Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375u00b0F.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking dish liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the potatoes uniformly 1/8 inch thick. Mince the garlic clove.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add the minced garlic and sautu00e9 for 30 seconds, just until fragrant.
- Add the flour to the sauce pan. Whisk to combine the batter and flour into a thick paste. Continue whisking for 1 minute, until the roux turns slightly golden and begins to smell toasty. Slowly stream the milk and heavy cream into the pan while continuing to whisk.
- Cook the mixture, whisking steadily, until it begins to thicken and bubble, 4-5 minutes.
- Once bubbling, turn off the heat. Add salt and black pepper. Add the grated Parmesan and whisk slowly until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Arrange half of the potatoes in the baking dish in an even layer. Lightly season with more salt and black pepper. Pour half of the cheese sauce on top. Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese. Repeat with the remaining potatoes slices, sauce, and shredded cheese.
- Bake the scalloped potatoes on middle rack of oven until the potatoes are tender and the dish is bubbling and browned on the top, 40-45 minutes.
- Check to see that potatoes are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the dish to cool for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped chives, if desired. Use a large spoon to plate the scalloped potatoes, and serve.
Nutritions of Extra Creamy Scalloped Potatoescalories: 320 calories
carbohydrateContent: 27 grams
cholesterolContent: 60 milligrams
fatContent: 19 grams
fiberContent: 6 grams
proteinContent: 13 grams
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams
sodiumContent: 510 milligrams
sugarContent: 2 grams