Your favorite breakfast staples all baked together in a easy to get to and delicious casserole. The recipe is a Yummly indigenous native created by [Sara Mellas](https://www.yummly.com/dish/author/Sara%20Mellas).
The ingredient of Awesome Bacon and Potato Egg Casserole
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 bag frozen hash brown potatoes thawed, 1 bag is 16 oz.
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup total milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese 6 oz. is just about 1 1/2 cups
The instruction how to make Awesome Bacon and Potato Egg Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350u00b0 F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large plate. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and fry until brown and crisp, flipping once, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer the bacon to the paper-towel-lined plate. Do not discard the bacon fat.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the thawed hash brown potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until slightly golden brown, 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper.
- Using clean hands, crumble the bacon into small pieces and add to the egg mixture. Add the potatoes and shredded cheese. Fold with a rubber spatula to evenly distribute.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the casserole on middle rack of oven until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Check to see that casserole is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow casserole to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Cut the casserole into squares, or simply spoon onto plates.
Nutritions of Awesome Bacon and Potato Egg Casserolecalories: 350 calories
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams
cholesterolContent: 260 milligrams
fatContent: 26 grams
fiberContent: 1 grams
proteinContent: 15 grams
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams
sodiumContent: 700 milligrams
sugarContent: 2 grams